Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Sorry, Mommy

The Monkey and I spent quite a while last night trying to take apart one of Mommy's wall clocks so he could see how the insides work. I told him that sometimes these things aren't made to be taken apart and that people just go buy new ones if they break. After messing with it for a little longer, I told him there'd be no way to open it without breaking it. He walked into the kitchen and told Ann that she was going to have to buy a new clock because we were about to break this one.

5 comments:

Scooter said...

So did you take the clock apart? Just curious!

Electric Monk said...

No. But I did order a clock off eBay that I WILL let him take apart!

Scooter said...

I am not sure who will have more fun with that - Him or You! That sounds like a really cool father son project either way.

Rob said...

I was well past his age by the time that I realized that other people didn't immediately take stuff apart when they brought it home. I think I learned it from my dad. He could fix anything and made me think I could too. He never did say what you were supposed to do with the left-over parts.

Unknown said...

Too bad this http://www.xump.com/Science/MakeaClockKit.cfm has been discontinued!