So, yeah, they could've very easily messed with my nostalgia. But it was okay. It was acceptable. It wasn't a religious experience, but they didn't completely screw it up. Here are some of the cons:
- Indy's buddy McHale? A completely unnecssary and overdone plot concept.
- Karen Allen has not aged well.
- Harrison Ford HAS aged well, but he's certainly aged.
- I can't believe I'm actually going to say this, but there were too many special effects. Lucas had said they would tone down the CGI for this movie, but that was NOT the case.
- The vine-swinging monkeys were totally dumb.
- The end death scene was a complete let-down. It was not worty of Raiders face-melting scene.
Now for the good stuff:
- Shia LaBeouf was really good. He could've completely overdone the role, but I thought it was well-played.
- The special effects, while overdone, were really good.
- I am now completely creeped out by ants.
- All the chase sequences were awesome. Spielberg's still got it.
Bottom line: go see it. It's easily as good or better than any other movie out right now (although Prince Caspian and Iron Man are both awesome too).