Thursday, June 25, 2009

Transformers

I went to see Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen last night. I give it 5 out of 5 stars. I should clarify what the criteria are for earning a star. One star is given for each of the following:
  • robots
  • explosions
  • robots fighting
  • military vehicles
  • military vehicles exploding fighting robots

It was actually exactly what you expect from a Michael Bay Transformers movie. DO NOT go see this movie if you want plot, depth, character development, or "good" cinema. If you want to be entertained for two hours by amazing special effects, then I highly recommend it.

I do NOT, however, recommend watching the IMAX version from the front row like I did. It was sort of like watching your TV from six inches away. My visual cortex was completely overloaded by the end of the preview.

So this summer I've seen Star Trek, Terminator: Salvation, Up, and now Transformers 2 and I gotta say I've been impressed with all of them. Well, Terminator was so-so, but the other three were really very good. The only movie left on my must-see list is Harry Potter. I don't think I'm even going to bother with G.I. Joe.

No comments: