Sunday, December 16, 2007

The quest ends!

Today, the quest for that which I believed to be unattainable ends. I got my Wii!

About a month ago Ann offered to get me a Nintendo Wii for Christmas. I was excited, but knew they were hard to come by, especially this far into the shopping seasons. Store after store I went to said they were out and didn't know when they'd get more. Last weekend the Monkey and I happened by Fry's about half an hour before they were supposed to open. We weren't there to buy a Wii (no, seriously, we weren't), but there was a line of about 100 people waiting for the store to open. And they'd already handed out vouchers for all the Wiis they had in stock, and that was for the bundle pack, which cost about $240 more than the regular Wii. So half an hour before the store opened, they'd already sold out of the console bundle that costs almost twice as much as the regular unit! I pretty much gave up on getting one before Christmas at that point.

Then yesterday the Monkey and I were at Target and I asked the electronics person when they were getting more. She said they'd have them today when they opened at 8:00. So I showed up at 6:50 am, Thermos of hot chocolate in hand, and was 44th in line for one of their 96 units. By the time I walked out of the store at 8:30 I was cold and hungry, but I had my Wii! Hopefully it's worth it!

Sorry I've been late in posting again. It's been a crazy week. Vanilla Bean got croup on Thursday, but she's getting better now. Croup sucks.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

wow. i checked our messages and told dan about your quest. too bad we were in mississippi. we'll be in baton rouge until thursday, and they are sold out here. :(