Thursday, September 18, 2008

MY translation

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal."
-Matthew 6:19-20, New American Standard Bible

Here's the Modern Electric Monk Translation version of the verse:
"You know all that junk you've got in your house? Yeah, well, there's a pretty decent chance that something like, oh I dunno, a hurricane could come through and mess it all up. Not that it's bad to have that stuff, just maybe don't put too much stock in it. Instead, think about putting your investments into a more secure portfolio, like one that NO ONE COULD EVER TAKE AWAY. Yeah, think about it."

3 comments:

Rob said...

I like it. I assume there's an exemption for anything with batteries, right?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's been the mode of thought around here for the past week. Good words to live by: Stuff is just Stuff.

Rutro76 said...

As we were heading north on 45, I thought I've got my husband, kids, and dog. Everything else is completely disposable. I am still thankful that is wasn't disposed of though.

Hope you all have made out okay