Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Gaming update

Last week I picked up a game I've been looking forward to the most over the last few months: SimCity: Societies. I've only played a few hours so far, but I'm already working on my second city, and over the next couple of days I'll post some bios and pictures of the ones I've been working on.



Let me say that this is certainly not the SimCity that's come before. Which is okay; on the Fun-O-Meter, the last SimCity game ranked somewhere between filling out IRS forms and having a colonoscopy. This is much more of a macro version of The Sims, making for a more casual and, in my mind, fun experience. It does away with most of the plots, long-term planning, and stress, and brings in more of the stuff I like: cool city perspectives, neat graphics, and low-key experimentation.



More to come later, but for now, here's a shot from the city I'm working on right now:

No comments: