Thursday, July 24, 2008

My first earthquake

I'm pretty excited, as I got to experience my first earthquake last night! I'm in Japan for business, and we got in late yesterday. Last night at about 12:30 I woke and felt the room shaking. On some level I knew it was an earthquake, but I was so out of it that I just rolled over and went back to sleep. Actually, the thing I remember most was that I could hear the water sloshing around in the toilet tank in that bathroom.

The earthquake itself was decently large (magnitude 7.0), but it was pretty far away from where I am now. Of course, most people around here were pretty unphased by it.

3 comments:

Gin said...

DUDE, I'm so impressed. Play it off like you sound all rugged and cool, like "Yeah, I was in an earthquake, but I was no big deal - I just went back to sleep", and you could use it to pick up chicks.

Scooter said...

That is so Awesome! Especially the part about only remembering that the toilet water was moving. Hope you are having fun! See you when you get back.

Anonymous said...

There is a message in here somewhere about the power of a 4 year old!!! The Monkey can easily mess up your night's sleep but an earth quake in a strage place - just the toilet sloshing around - back to sleep!!!